Sunday, June 25, 2006

Borrowed inspiration and Layton poem, blog entry, June 23 06

http://there-were-no-signs.blogspot.com/2006/06/more-appropriate-little-late.html

Friday, June 23, 2006
More appropriate, a little late
I suppose I should have made this poem my first entry, as I borrowed the name of this blog from it. Oh, well. Here's

There Were No Signs
By Irving Layton

By walking I found out
Where I was going.

By intensely hating, how to love.
By loving, whom and what to love.

By grieving, how to laugh from the belly.

Out of infirmity, I have built strength.
Out of untruth, truth.
From hypocrisy, I wove directness.

Almost now I know who I am.
Almost I have the boldness to be that man.

Another step
And I shall be where I started from.

posted by Emily at 8:41 PM
0 Comments:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home